LORDS OF APATHY

May 30, 2008

Only In Screwston

I'll tell anybody who will listen how proud I am to be from Houston. I can rattle off arcane facts about all sorts of junk that my fine city can lay claim to. Facts such as..........Nat Q. Henderson was the first official mayor of Fifth Ward. Houston lifer and real life guitar hero Billy F. Gibbons is an accomplished photographer and buys his supplies at the Houston Camera Co-Op. (Word to Bullseye McKried)We're no longer the fattest city in the country. Willie Nelson was a disk jockey here on KCRT radio in 1956, the same year he wrote "Crazy" and sold it to Patsy Cline. The Art Car movement was started here as well. 
These could go on and on but one of my favorite facts about Houston is that our local rap types looooove to get fucked up on prescription cough syrup. Which you may know as lean, pro, oil,purple, purple stuff, or everyones favorite nom de drug......DRANK. (as in "Smokin' dank and sippin' drank")
They love it so much that they based ALL of their music around it and still drink it even though it's use has killed three of H-Town's rap pioneers. Those being DJ Screw, Big Moe, and most recently, Pimp C of UGK.
 
I know this is nothing new to the LOA cliqua, who keeps abreast of all forms of drug consumption. I've even mentioned in one post about how, when mixed with Sparks, it turns you into a genius Frankenstein.
Whatevs. Everyone knows about this stuff these days thanks to Weezy F. Baby, right? Right. Old news.
Imagine my surprise when I came across this little  bit of genius over at the Conoco when I was buying Swishers..........Ladies and Germs, I give you.......Drank. Anti. Energy. Drink. (say it slow)
Drank reset
I could not believe my eyes.
So I bought one, naturally....cuz I'm a baller. 
It's pretty good, but somehow manages to taste like an energy drink, not an "anti-energy" drink as it claims to be. It says that it's packed full of valerian root extract which sounds pretty good. Pretty "swangin" as it were, but also has rose hip extract which sounds kinda pussy. 
You already know that it's purple.
So, I guess if you're in need of a little chill out to mix with that lean........ then get you some DRANK, playbwah.
  

No comments: