LORDS OF APATHY

January 3, 2008

CONNECTICUT BOY ALWAYS IN FAVRE JERSEY FINALLY SEES GAME

A boy who hasn't stopped wearing his Brett Favre jersey since Christmas four years ago has finally attended his first Green Bay Packers game. David Witthoft, 11, of Ridgefield, Conn., traveled with his family to Lambeau Field to watch the Packers' 34-13 victory over the Detroit Lions on Sunday. Witthoft admits he will probably soon have to hang up the jersey, which he got for Christmas in 2003. "I thought I would keep wearing it as long as I could get it over my head," Witthoft told the Green Bay Press-Gazette after the game. "But I'll probably take it off in the next year, certainly. Then I'll hang it up in a frame or maybe send it to the [Packers] Hall of Fame." His mother, Carolyn, washes the jersey every two days and has had to mend it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's fuckin devotion right there. To all you Cheeseheads out there that think they're the biggest Packer fan, I dare you to wear the same fucking Favre jersey for four years straight.

SWITCH™ said...

i remember hearing about this kid like a year ago...dedication.

Snickerdoodles McPoppycock said...

That kid is one class act...